Friday 8 September 2017

Even Heavier Metal!!


My usual preference when fighting with a late war German army, is a rag bag of infantry, flak and the odd AFV in an improvised Kampfgruppe, trying to hold off the Soviet/British/US onslaught. I just like the idea of making the most I can out of not a lot, hopefully with the assistance of some helpful terrain and a few good die rolls. So King Tigers are not usually my style. That being said, they can be damned useful. These two are from the Ready to Roll range, part of the Rapid Fire empire (or smallholding?). My only gripe is that there are no open hatches for crew figures, but they are simplicity itself to assemble, as their name suggests.



They are pictured here nosing their way through a German village to head off yet another Soviet breakthrough, supported by a few Britannia infantry.

I am currently working on a set of WWII rules, cobbled together from bits I like from other sets and a few ideas of my own. They will be card driven to inject a bit of excitement and mystery into the lives of my wargaming friends. I hope to report on them and provide some after action reports on the blog in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your rules. I feel your favourite bits from other rule sets, will be similar to my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right!! Mainly it is around making troop quality count for more than it usually does and uncertainty on the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete